The present policy, as the case may be adapted to local regulation, applies to BNP Paribas Asset Management. BNP Paribas Asset Management is committed to delivering the best possible service to you and wish to maintain the confidence that you place in BNP Paribas Asset Management. BNP Paribas Asset Management would like to provide you with clear information about how the latter uses and stores cookies from its websites on your computer. The word “computers”, when used in this policy, refers to computers, smartphones and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed and stored on your computer when you visit any website. Cookies are very useful and enable an internet site to recognise you, log when you visit a particular page, provide a secure connection to a website and enhance your user experience by: improving your browsing comfort, and/or adapting the content of a page to your areas of interest.
The information stored by the cookies on your computer, during a limited period of validity, may relate to: the particular webpages you have visited on that computer; advertisements you have clicked on; the type of browser you use; and the information you have provided to a website (the use of the cookie meaning that you avoid having to provide the information again). This information is sometimes linked to your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Types of cookies installed by the website:
Cookies intended to collect website statistics:
In order to customise the website to the requirements of its visitors, the Asset Manager measures the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, the activity of the visitors on the website and how often visitors return. These cookies enable traffic analysis statistics to be compiled. From this analysis, the contents of the website can be developed and improved to enhance user experience.
The period of validity for these cookies is: 13 months.
Cookies enabling storage of:
- Your user preferences, the display settings and players that you use. These cookies facilitate your browsing during your next visit to the website and enhance your user experience. The period of validity of the cookies is 7 months.
- Information you have entered into particular forms on the website. These cookies mean that you do not need to re-enter the same information on your next visit. The period of validity of the cookies is 1 month.
Cookies intended to secure your connection:
These cookies are used on the website where you must log-on with personal access details before accessing the website. These cookies may be used in a variety of ways. The two key ways are:
- When you open a secure session to access the website and remain logged in for some time without activity, this type of cookie enables a message to be displayed on your computer inviting you to close your session and/or the cookie will automatically log you out of the website if there is inactivity for a set period of time. This kind of cookies are not used by the website.
- When you open a secure session to access the website, a unique token is stored on your computer by way of a cookie which allows the Asset Manager to identify you. This type of cookie is sessional and will be deleted from your computer once you log out of the website.
This kind of cookies are not used by the website.
Cookies intended to collect information in relation to your areas of interest:
Cookies designed to collect your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses:
Certain cookies placed on your computer by the website record the IP address of your computer and communicates this information back to the Asset Manager. The Asset Manager may use this address to ascertain the city from which you accessing its website. Your IP address is immediately deleted from or anonymised on the Asset Manager’s systems once your geographic location has been recorded.
Your choice with respect to cookies
Many of the cookies used by the website will improve your browsing experience of the website, others are vital for you to access secure areas. As a default, most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to consent to cookies being stored on your computer, you will be able to block all cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decide to block all of the cookies using your internet browser, you will only continue to be able to visit the public areas of the website and will no longer have access to any secure areas. You may also experience interruption or delays to your browsing experience of public areas.
You will always be able to block all cookies in your browser settings. You may also, depending on the type of browser you have, configure your settings to block on certain types of cookie, or cookies from certain sources, or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer, so you can then accept or reject it.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser. By way of example:
- Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari™: https://www.apple.com/ca/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Right to access data and rights to oppose
You have a right to request details of all personal data the Asset Manager holds on you, including that collected by cookies. You also have the right to oppose the storage of cookies on your device. Please contact Websolutions@bnpparibas.com.
Please note: preventing the installation of cookies on your computer will not remove all advertisements from other websites you visit. Your refusal to accept these cookies will only prevent the customisation of such advertisements to your areas of interest as deducted from your browsing history.